Sunday, February 14, 2016

Introduction:

          As my first post, I should probably give a little background on who I am and what I plan to do with this blog. First off, my name is Branson Scott and I am a senior at BASIS Peoria. I love playing soccer, traveling, and spending time with my family. I enjoy being challenged, solving problems, and helping others. As I prepare for college and ultimately my future, I know that I want to do something with my life where I am directly changing people's lives.Thus, I hope to use my desire to make a positive impact on this world by pursuing a degree in bio-medical engineering, and hopefully eventually I might be able to say this:


Image result for biomedical engineering
       

          Now to discuss the purpose of this blog. For the last trimester of school, seniors are sent off to finalize college plans, undergo an internship, or get a job and so on. I am using my last trimester for a SRP (Senior Research Project), which is specific to my school. I know that this SRP will be an excellent starting point as I head into college next fall. 


         
          Essentially, for my SRP, I will be analyzing all parts of the testing done behind implantable medical devices, specifically pacemakers. While undergoing this project, I have attained an internship where I can better answer my research questions. I will be following a team of electrical engineers at a company called Medtronic where my dad works and where I hope to gain a better insight into how devices are determined reliable for human implant. At Medtronic, they specialize in medical technology and their one mission is alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. I am super excited to start this internship as well as undergo this project and will post weekly updates on the status of my research.              

No comments:

Post a Comment